Welcome to Undergraduate Psychology & Neuroscience Advising
Students are encouraged to meet with an advisor at least once a semester. When scheduling, please keep in mind University deadlines, assignment deadlines, and time of year – particularly during the beginning and end of the semester, as these tend to be busier times. We cannot schedule times we do not have available. If a date is not available it means that all available appointments have already been scheduled or advising is not available that day.
*Please note: we do NOT have walk-in appointments at this time.
To Schedule a Psychology or Neuroscience Advising Session:
POLICY CHANGE: Students are now required to run their own degree evaluation in Patriot Web BEFORE meeting with an advisor and must bring a printed copy of the evaluation to their appointment. Students who come to their appointment without their degree evaluation may be asked to reschedule depending on advisor schedule.
To run a degree evaluation for students with a catalog year of Fall 2012 or later, click here.
Note that you DO NOT need an appointment for the following:
1. Signing or reviewing forms such as:
-Declaring your major or minor in Psychology/Neuroscience. You may download forms to declare a major or minor from the Registrar's website.
-Reviewing Transfer Credit Reevaluation/Course Elsewhere Forms. Please be sure to bring a copy of the syllabus and/or course description for the course as well as your current GMU transcript with these forms.
-Other forms not mentioned above.
Documents needing an advisor’s signature may be dropped off in the Undergraduate Office and will be signed by an advisor and available for pick up after one full business day.
2. Certain general questions! If your question is a brief one, simply email our advisors and be sure to include your G-Number and GMU email:
Our offices are located in the following rooms:
Psychology Undergraduate Advising
David King 2086
Neuroscience Undergraduate Advising
2050 David King Hall
To Schedule a Poster Printing Session:
Select the Poster Printing calendar from the drop-down menu below, then choose a date and time and fill out your information.
1. You MUST have your poster saved as a single slide in .pptx format on a flash drive.
2. Be sure to look up the required size dimensions for your poster before arriving for your appointment. Different conferences require different sizes for posters and we do not assume any size to be the "standard" size.
3. Come at least five minutes early to our office in David King 2086 for your appointment. Late arrivals, especially during peak periods, may be asked to reschedule.
3. Please try to schedule your printing session at least three business days before you need your poster.
If your poster file consists of multiple slides, is not saved as a .pptx file, or is not saved on a flash/USB drive, we will not be able to print it. For those who print after hours, please note that office support is not available when the office is closed should you encounter any issues with the printer.
Like us on Facebook for department updates: http://www.facebook.com/GMUPsychology